Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12th disguised as June 13th

Track list:

1. The Capricorns - pure magical love - the sailor

Comments: hello sailor. Actually I picked this out solely because I'm a Capricorn too, and it's obviously all about me.

2. Tokyo Police Club - a lesson in crime - citizens of tomorrow

Comments: I think it might lessen the Tokyo police's credibility somewhat if they persist in referring to themselves as a 'club'. These fine people are from Montreal, where everything cool happens. I think it may have started with Jonelle and I visiting there - the epic visit of 1993!

3. Broken Social Scene - see you on the moon! - puff the magic dragon

Comments: Children's music is great and all, but on the 53rd listen you might find yourself feeling slightly less cool than you were as a childless person. It's very unfair, it's certainly a false impression, but it's true. So consider this instead, because it's awesome and kid appropriate all at the same time. Unlike most things that are truly fun.

4. The Fembots - see you on the moon! - under the bed

Comments: Another selection of children's music that won't make you want to stab yourself in the eye. Whoop!

5. Sunset Rubdown - shut up I am dreaming - I'm sorry I sang on your hands that have been in the grave

Comments: I approve of song titles that take ages to say and include miles of unnecessary qualifiers. Plus the band name always makes me giggle. It speaks vaguely of the mid-70s and cocoa butter.

**update - June 15th**
This show never actually aired. Because we burned the CD wrong or something. My theory is that we burned the thing, and then wrote on the data side, thus rendering the whole thing totally useless. But we honestly meant to make it happen. So consider yourself due some entertainment, and we'll get back to you. In the meantime you could listen to the music on your own time and provide your own insipid commentary in between songs. Who'd know the difference?

No comments: