Tuesday, September 12, 2006

emily sings the blues

Please disregard that. I promise no singing.

Track list:

1. Lake Holiday - The Curse of Sunshine - press record then play

Description: Ding! Love it. Happy sounding.

2. The Square Waves - s/t - dreams kept on machine

Description: Loopy. And there are some tinkly sounds. Love it also.

3. David Bowie - David Live - Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise)

Description: This is maybe in my top five albums of all time, so you don't even need to ask.

4. Rafter - Achoo! An Asthmatic Kitty Sampler Vol. 1 - zzzPenchant

Description: If you're a music student, try to count along with this one. Maddening. But so unspeakably great.

5. The Fabulous Kildonans - bottle rocket - marktember rain

Description: Kind of generic, but overall fairly okay.

6. Cat Scientist - cicada - pink dress

Description: How could I avoid playing a song called 'pink dress' really. Being the owner of a little Pepto Bismolesque number myself, I can fully appreciate the sentiment behind the song... maybe. Unless it's about some horrible person with a pink dress, and then I just feel sad for pink dresses everywhere... Honestly, this song is super great. It's sort of funky but country-ish... something. It's really, really good, I recommend it.

7. Bonnie Prince Billy - cursed sleep - cursed sleep

Description: Carla, this is for you. Or is it your friend who likes him? I can't remember. Anyway, you're the reason I know who he is, so it's your song, enjoy it.

No comments: