Wednesday, December 13, 2006

two more weeks. sigh.

Due to lack of internet (what is THAT about?), this is going up a day late, via a scribbled-on piece of scrap paper. The old methods, while charming, are quite, quite lame.

Track list:

1. Shad K - when this is over - out of love



Comments: Owner of my new favourite hip-hop lyric of the moment: "I don't want to tell you all to put your hands in the air, and wave 'em all around 'cause I just don't care." This is the truest thing I have heard in months. Perhaps I should try motivational seminars or something.

2. Reality Sandwich - dejeuner s'il-vous-plait - castles in the sand

Comments: quite odd, but delicious also.

3. The Mountain Movers - we've walked in hell and there is life after death - the devil is alive

Comments: I love listening to extremely religious and musically adventurous bands. So bizarrely entertaining. Don't know if I'd have the guts to go to a show though.

4. Local Rabbits - this is it here we go - the lights turn on

Comments: This is a test. I haven't listened to this album in quite a while, and today I am listening to it again in an effort to become friends again. Little did I know I would instinctively run screaming into its arms screaming "mummy!".
In case you're wondering, that means I love it.

5. Navet Confit - dans la marge depuis 15 ans (CISM Montreal compilation) - asphalte

Comments: Extra super great, because of the French factor. Also because of the techno factor, which inexplicably gets me every time. I'm like a mid-90s dance machine, if such a thing exists.

6. BA Johnston - call me when old and fat is the new young and sexy - I am a robocop

Comments: I appreciate having the whole concept explained to me when I'm listening to a song. I want to know the background story and everything. I mean, if you're talking about driving to your girlfriend's house at 4am and you pass 16 fire hydrants along the way and it makes you need to pee, I want to know that.

7. BA Johnston - kiss her you loser

Comments: oh maaaan, my personal favourite. Just... unbelievable. I love it so hard.

8. BA Johnston - sleepin with my walkman

Comments: also fabulous. Whoops, f-bomb! It's fine, whatever, we're so college. I feel a little uncomfortable finding out this much about his life though. What's worse is finding out that he lives exactly like me (substitute 'guy next door' for 'roommate' and you're there).

BONUS: BA Johnston - 'Captain's Catch', because I couldn't find the songs I actually played. But this is totally amazing too, so you won't know the difference.


9. Still Flyin - time wrinkle ep - rope burn

Comments: I am totally caught off guard by the reggae-ska of this. The cover is so hand-drawn and pink, I totally wasn't expecting it. Enjoyable enough.

10. Built to Spill - linus and lucy

Comments: A Christmasy favourite. I'm sure Charles Shultz would be totally annoyed.

No comments: