Tuesday, December 05, 2006

sweating through four layers? eesh.

Not really, but I feel like I could. I sweat like a mediterranean, especially when it's least convenient.
And scene.

T
rack list:

1.Ten Year Drought - memoranda - screaming at cars

Comments: surprisingly serene, given the title. There is no screaming in this song. It made me feel a bit better, in fact, about having witnessed a good deal of car screaming in the last two hours. So that's good.

2. Shot While Hunting - man eating tiger - holliday now

Comments: different for me, and I'm fine with that.

3. Swan Lake - beast moans - the partisan but he's got to know

Comments: a song title so odd I can't possibly understand what it's supposed to mean. I don't appreciate that swan lake! Still, I like that this song is such an overwhelming group effort. How many bad male voices can we layer together over slightly hawaiian guitar? ALOT. And yet I'm enjoying it. Feel free to make whatever conclusions you want.

4. Supersystem - a million microphones - joy

Comments: funky. Like the bongos and synthesizer. Hey, actually this is pretty awesome, and incredibly weird. It's so hard to find anything original anymore that it's a relief when someone thinks of something, no matter how bizarre. Thanks Supersystem, for just being you.

5. Bright Eyes - noise floor - soon you will be leaving your man

Comments: I'm intrigued by this song - what is your reasoning, bright eyes? How will you make me leave my man? Or are you just clairvoyant? Or will I have to take a sudden trip to Eurasia? What is it?? Well, whatever it is, it's musically extremely enjoyable. Love it. Well done. Personally I'm not planning on following through on your little predicition, but I bet there are some chicks who would, because you have a definite charm.

6. Scream Club - life of a heartbreaker - i'm going crazy

Comments: if this album is the hypothetical diary of one of Tom Petty's heartbreakers, then sign me up! But it's not. Ah well. Recommended to me by a fellow programmer, thanks Elvira. Pretty great, in fact - they'll be here in March, if you enjoy sort of tag-team Peaches style music. Snicker.

7. The Gumshoe Strut - 52 pick up - broke off rap

Comments: very nice sounding countryish rap. Delighted.

No comments: