Tuesday, April 24, 2007

so pale and wan.

Probably should have eaten more than an orange and a vat of coffee today.

Track list:

1. The National Lights - the dead will walk, dear - swimming the swamp

Comments: quiet, smooth, mellow. With a girl in cowboy boots.

2. The Soft Parts - unerring melodic scents - a missed television opportunity

Comments: I love television, so I can totally relate to this. I get whistful over missed tv opportunities too. TV watching opps, that is, because I'll never be on TV. Dang no, I don't even like having my picture taken! Come on now.

3. Chet - flight against darkness - ships sink in the fall

Comments: It's funny how men with vocal incompetencies are somehow the most beautiful and poignant thing, sometimes. I really love this, and I can't necessarily tell you why. I just really love it. Sigh.

4. Quadra - based on a true story - between the lines

Comments: But there are no lines! Crazy Quadra.

5. Dustin Cole with The Specialest - try and love me - oh! my captain

Comments: Weird use of flute. I do not object.

6. Gloom Room - mr. resistor - mr. resistor

Comments: I don't usually play the title track, it seems so obvious. However, I will make an exception for this ska for robots. I appreciate extreme niche-marketing.

7. Go Jeff!!! - wake up the dance machine! - womandolin

Comments: I'm iffy on the use of exclamation points since that whole panic! debacle. But the song titles make up for it. Meh, I'm not a big fan. Too braggy.

8. Aereogramme - my heart has a wish that you would not go - a life worth living

Comments: aw, cheer up, wouldja?

9. Cinemascope - soundimension - exotica

Comments: I love that movie. It has casey jones in it, in his vindicating role! It's all so very great.

10. Eric Hanson and The Church of Doubt and Dissent - the pills helped but where have the years gone? - famous child actor

No comments: