Tuesday, January 02, 2007

the french resurrection!

let's get right to it people, I don't have all day.

Track list:

1. Esther Galil - z-land - pas de loup

Comments: I don't know if it's a dance or an interdiction, but it's fecking amazing, no matter what it is. This is a lost classic from the music library. Her hair, also, is killer. Seriously - I would take that hair and rule the world with it, way past 1976.

2. Mayor McCa - cue are es tea you - hair farmer

Download MayorMcCaHairFarmerLIVE.mp3

Comments: LOVE it. So batshit crazy! Plus the concept is stunningly great. I think he's referring to his own shiny luxurious locks (what is this, the hair show?), but I can pretend he's one of those guys with the hairy billiard balls in his basement, right? That sounds all wrong, I know.

3. Harvee - sink or swim - remember we were sailing

Comments: I knew this would soothe me based on the album cover alone. I'm now unsure whether this show is the hair show or just the French show. Next week: the FRENCH HAIR show. I don't know what that sounds like, but I'm sure it's glorious, whatever it is.

4. The Machines - after my misspent youth - snatching defeat (from the jaws of victory)

Comments: pretty good, and the title is from something, and I don't know what. Infuriating.

5. Octoberman - laguardia - intoxicated/walking time

Comments: According to our resident folk expert, "sounds like Dan Byrne". It's very mellow, and yet it has a skull on the front. Amazing. I like it a lot actually. (Also, putting closed-eye photos on the website? Mildly adorable. Plus, I sympathize with this problem - every picture of me since 1996, apart from my grad photo, is a squinter. Don't know why that is.)

6. God Made Me Funky - we can all be free - down with the king's

Comments: Hm, another self-referential hip-hop song. Maybe one day it'll all seem like Cervantes. I don't know.
This is where people pop their heads into the studio and tell me how 'diverse' this all is.

7. The Mall - emergency at the everyday - hospital mouth

Comments: Fun, very violent but with a lull involving synthesizer. Good stuff. Plus, hospital mouth, about the most disgusting thing I've contemplated all day, so, um... bonus!

8. The Winks - birthday party - slumber party let's go

Comments: Love it, plus it's seasonally appropriate for me. I mean because this is the time of year when everyone shows up to sleep on my floor for some reason. Come on, hobo relatives, it's slumber party time!

9. Esther Galil - z-land - white tears

Comments: Because I can. Seriously, she is my new hair hero, and also her music is awesome (I realize it's hard to transmit a hairstyle over the radio - this is why I have the blog). I have had some inquiries about this record today, so I'm not just lying and saying it's good. It really is good. Also, hilariously, at the beginning of the show I misread the album title as "zlang", which sounds like an uncomfortable new underwear style. I will forever love this record as a result. It's fate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Esther Galil, what a stunner! Adore her songs. Don't hesitate, go 4 it!

Anonymous said...

Great blog for Esther Galil:
http://esthergalil.romandie.com

Anonymous said...

Esther it's very famous artist I love all of Esther
mark from paris

Embot said...

Esther Galil fans: my new favourite people ever.

Anonymous said...

ESTHER WE LOVE YOU!