Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Jonelle's favourite song of all time is...

Track list:

1. Rammstein - mein teil

Comments: Seriously, this wasn't my idea. Actually it wasn't Jonelle's idea either - she was going to play benzine. This was an accident. In fact, I think you, and I and Jonelle and the band should all wipe this one from our histories and move on. P.S. - have I mentioned before that he's talking about his "part"? Oh, it's disgusting.

2. Shapes and Sizes - shapes and sizes - boy, you shouldn't have

Comments: We'll be the judge of that! Actually, this is really good. It's a little bit alt-country, a little bit nerd-rock n' roll. The magic combination that feels so right. I like the chorus in the background, they're like the supremes!

3. Swearing at Motorists - last night becomes this morning - you will not die tonight (probably)

Comments: Driving guitar, high horror-movie vocals... fabulous.

4. Pink Mountaintops - axis of evol - slaves

Comments: I'm not going to lie to you, I'm playing this because it's an eight minute long song, and Jonelle is very ill and can't 'perform', if you see what I'm saying. And what I'm saying is that she can't comfortably sit in a chair, you perv.
Oh, and Pink Mountaintops? I love this guy. This song is a bit reminiscent of the Vietnam War... not that I've been. But I've heard it's super hot and goes well with hard drugs and Creedence Clearwater Revival. I don't know how else to explain it.

5. Turnstiles - 13 telephone towers - my town is on fire

Comments: I love it. The piano thing is always a bonus. It's frenetic. I really believe that his town is on fire. He's selling it, that's for sure.

6. Red Lights - unlucky genes - whisky and failure

Comments: It's a song about my retirement plan, ba-dump ching!

No comments: